Irene Kraegel is a clinical psychologist and Christian mindfulness instructor. She is the author of the book, Christian Mindfulness: Cultivating a life of intentionality, openness and faith.
In her book, she states, “As we live through a season of pandemic illness, racial injustice, and national unrest- if there was ever a time that we need clear-eyed awareness, self-care tools, and effective action, this is it.”
She defines Christian Mindfulness as the practice of:
- Drawing us closer to God
- Calming out uncomfortable emotions
- And strengthening us through the challenges of this season
On this episode of the PraXis podcast, I sit down with Irene and we get into the weeds about how mindfulness works as well as:
- How it is similar to Christian contemplation practices like Centering Prayer?
- What are the specific clinical benefits of mindful practices?
- What the challenges for Christians who attempt these practices?
- And what about demons?
We explore all this and more in this in depth interview.
EP 8: Demons in your head, Christian Mindfulness, and Prayer with psychologist Irene Kraegel – PraXis: Christian Wellness
- EP 8: Demons in your head, Christian Mindfulness, and Prayer with psychologist Irene Kraegel
- EP 7: Faith Journey from Astronomy to Chair Yoga
- EP 6: How the Church is Ignoring your Body
- EP 5.8: Introduction to Centering Prayer, 5 minutes of silence, with Father Nicholas Amato
- EP 5.5: 20-minute introduction to Centering Prayer: Father Nicholas Amato
For more about Irene’s classes, speaking engagements and writings go to TheMindfulChristian
Here book The Mindful Christian is available on Amazon.
PraXis explores the intersection of evidence-based wellness and Christian spiritual practice. Join us LIVE every Wed. 6 pm, PST
Check out the Body Scan Meditation below